Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
This position will be based at our John Wayne Airport facility. The MRT (Mobile Response Team) Aircraft Maintenance Technician reports to the MRT A&P Supervisor and is responsible for traveling to customer aircraft to perform the efficient execution of the work scope and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Performs maintenance and alteration of articles as directed.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, modifications, and service on a variety of customer aircraft with minimal supervision.
- Required to travel extensively within the region and occasionally outside of the region to customer aircraft for maintenance-related matters.
- Performs and documents all completed work in accordance with all appropriate manuals and regulations as needed.
- Frequent interaction with customers will be required.
- Uses current, applicable technical data.
- Adheres to all company and OSHA regulated policies and procedures.
- Maintains outstanding attendance record.
- Adheres to and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values daily.
- Maintain proficiency with tools, techniques, and acceptable practices used to perform maintenance and alteration duties.
- Documenting all work performed including references to technical data used on work order squawk form and other forms as required.
- Documenting all parts and/or equipment removed from or installed on aircraft on the removal and installation forms.
- Ensuring material has been properly received prior to installing on aircraft.
- Verify material shelf life has not expired prior to use.
- Verify calibrated tooling calibration due date and condition prior to use.
- Document identified discrepancies on Discrepancy Collection Form.
- Do not deviate from technical data unless appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Promote an efficient and professional work environment.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement projects as directed.
- Needs to be available to work different shifts and weekends as requested.
- Able to travel away from the primary facility for training and work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A&P Certificate required.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to effectively communicate with management, peers, and external parties
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients, and vendors
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Please make sure all fields on the application are filled out completely.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulations. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com