Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
The Director position within Clay Lacy’s Aircraft Financial Planning and Analysis Department is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day management of the department’s financial planning, billing, reporting, and analysis to the assigned Clay Lacy-managed aircraft owners, owner’s teams, and FDSS customers. The Director will support the Analysts in each of their duties and assist on an as-needed basis while ensuring that all department goals and KPIs are met on a consistent basis.
To achieve the mission for this position, one must produce the following actions and results:
Day to Day Department Management – Ongoing Management of FP&A Analysts and the associated Reporting & Deliverables
- Manage analyst assignments for CLA’s Managed Fleet of aircraft
- Provide assistance as needed to the Analysts with their routine interactions with customers, and participate in client meetings related to aircraft budgeting, reporting, and analysis
- Serve as the Primary Finance Point of Contact with the CLA Aircraft Management Team and interface with Aircraft Managers
- Manage the team to ensure that all Weekly Summaries are sent out on Monday of each week and all Monthly Summaries are sent out by the 15th of each month
- Manage all aspects of the FP&A Module of CLA’s Apex Owner Reporting System
Aircraft Onboarding and Offboarding
- Ensure regular communication with the FP&A Team’s Senior Analyst who participates in the Weekly Aircraft Onboarding and Offboarding Meetings.
- Update FP&A Tail Assignments List with new Accounts & assign to FP&A Analyst
- Manage New Aircraft Onboarding List – Data Sheet; with the goal of avoiding missed business points, billing treatments, discounts Management Fee, Hangar, Fuel Discounts, Conformity, etc.)
- Provide Reporting on Accounts Departing and Monitoring of AR Balances vs Deposit Levels during the departure period, to ensure customers are not leaving CLA management with Open AR Balances above and beyond the Aircraft Operating Deposit
Managed Aircraft – Accounts Receivable Oversight
- Ongoing AR Aging Review
- Meet weekly with the CLA Accounts Receivable Manager to review all Managed Aircraft Accounts and provide guidance as needed
- Top AR Customer Review Process
- Leverage ongoing efforts with Aircraft Managers and the Executive Team on Top Customer Account Balance Reviews and what actions need to be taken
Annual Aircraft Operating Budget Process – Oversee the Annual Operating Budget Process for the CLA Fleet of Managed Aircraft
- Annual Operating Budgets are created by each Analyst and then reviewed with the Director. The Analyst then reviews the Budget with the Assigned Aircraft Manager for approval
- The Analyst then presents the Annual Budget to the Aircraft Owner/Aircraft Owner’s Team
Segregated Accounts Program
- Manage Clay Lacy’s Segregated Account Program with First Republic for Managed Aircraft Owners
- Interface directly with clients and FRB on all new account set-up details and ongoing management of the Bank Accounts
Implementation and Expansion of Clay Lacy Financials Portal
- Oversee implementation and expansion of the new Clay Lacy Financials Portal
- Full Roadmap for expansion created, just needs execution and roll-out
Customer Touchpoints – Develop and implement FP&A Department approach and process for customer touchpoints
- Create Process outlining and enforcing Customer Touchpoints for the FP&A Department – applies to both new and current customers
- Create Customer Communication Templates for Customer Interactions and Release of Deliverables
- Outline Touchpoint Milestones (Deliverables & Communication) – How does the FP&A Team interact with a new/current customer, based upon the below:
- Aircraft Owner, Accounting/Finance POC, Crewmember(s)
- CLA Welcome Meeting Touch Point – Led by ACM Sales Team
- CLA FP&A Team Welcome Meeting Touch Point
- Overview of FP&A Department Services
- CLA and Sample Reports
- Weekly and Monthly Touch Point (Report Submission)
- Quarterly Touch Point (Report Submission & Check-In)
- Annual Touch Point (Report Submission & Annual Review)
Other – All Other Tasks related to Clay Lacy’s Aircraft Financial Planning & Analysis Efforts, some of which are undefined
- Manage Annual Insurance Communication & Billing Process
- Manage Year-End Crew Bonus Billing & Collection Process
- Evaluate Tax & Legal Reporting Requirements
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION & KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
The success of the Director Position in achieving the objectives described above will be measured by the following:
- Adherence to the Goals and KPIs set by the Director for all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Measuring Touch Points with Assigned Customers through Onboarding and Ongoing Account Relationships.
- Consistency and Accuracy in providing financial planning, reporting, and analysis to Clay Lacy’s
CUSTOMERS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent preferred, as well as a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in accounting, financial reporting, and customer service preferred.
- Must also have the ability to present and discuss issues with Level 1, 2, and 3 Customers – through email and phone communications, Meetings at Clay Lacy Facilities, and Meetings at Off-Site locations thus including the associated travel requirements.
PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER
- The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
- Strong technical ability and customer-facing financial presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial reporting understanding and skills
- Quick learner and capable of adding to analytical and technical skills on an ongoing basis
- Open thinker willing to receive feedback for consistent improvement and ongoing employee development
- Intermediate Computer Skills – MS Outlook, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Clay Lacy Programs/Financial Reporting Software
- Strong organizational change agent
- Ability to secure respect and credibility with team members, peers, Clay Lacy Leadership Team, and Clay Lacy customers
- Collaborative working style, and skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in developing and examining operations and procedures, assisting in formulating new policies, and developing and implementing strategies and procedures
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Strategic thinker, capable of making key decisions quickly
- Highly responsible, willing to “OWN” the process/project and outcome.
- The Director Position will report directly to Chief Financial Officer
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com