- 100% On-site position, Monday-Friday
- Compensation: Annual salary $68,000 – $83,000
The Analyst position within Clay Lacy’s Aircraft Financial Planning and Analysis Department, is responsible and accountable for all financial planning, billing, reporting, and analysis to the assigned Clay Lacy managed aircraft owners, owner’s teams, and FDSS customers. This position will be the front of Clay Lacy’s customer facing Aircraft Management Finance operations. The Analyst is expected to have the skills necessary to forecast, execute, analyze, and manage to a customers desired strategic financial and operational plan for their aviation asset, as well as use discretion to make decisions for the account. The Analyst must use professionalism and independent judgement in the financial management of each specific account, specifically in regard to customer interactions.
To achieve the mission for this position, one must produce the following actions and results:
New Customer Onboarding – Work with Aircraft Management Sales to create a clean transition for the customer from the Aircraft Management Sales Team to the Aircraft Financial Planning & Analysis Team
- At time of formal client engagement, plan introduction and formal touch point with customer and discuss customer’s reporting expectations, wants, and needs. Ensure proper introductions are made and relationship is seamlessly handed off from the Aircraft Management Sales Team.
Create Monthly Customer Reporting & Deliverables – Provide customers with and be the face to speak to all Standard Reporting & Deliverables
- Create standardized Customer-Facing Communication Template & Process for Monthly Reporting Deliverables
- Utilize this format and channel to provide backward and forward-looking analysis, insights, and recommendations.
- Ensure Standard FP&A Deliverables are being provided fleetwide for your assigned accounts. Standard Monthly Deliverables include:
- Weekly Accounting Summary (as applicable)
- Monthly Management Summary
- Monthly YTD P&L Summary
- Annual Budget Package
- Ensure consistent touch point with customers monthly, thus strengthening the relationship and building rapport
Annual Aircraft Operating Budget Process – Enhance and participate in current process by which Clay Lacy creates annual aircraft operating budgets for each customer
- These are to be created by the Analyst and reviewed with the Manager, as well as with each Assigned Aircraft Manager to be presented to the different levels of ownership on each account
- As an Analyst, you will play an active role in this engagement, and be the primary point of contact for the annual setting of the aircraft’s financial expectations with the customer’s team, based upon projected usage, expenses, and when applicable, charter revenues
- You will be the accountable and responsible individual for speaking to the financial reporting throughout the year for the respective airplane, against the annual pro-rated budget and must be able to speak to any and all positive and negative variances
Ad Hoc Monthly & Quarterly Analysis – Provide Clay Lacy Ad Hoc Analysis Templates & Reporting Deliverables as requested by clients
These include but are not limited to:
- Direct Operating Cost Analysis (Part 91 & Part 135)
- Charter Revenue and Contribution Margin Analysis (Part 135)
- Net Impact of Charter Analysis (Part 135)
- Clay Lacy Cost Savings Summary (Part 91 & Part 135)
- Aircraft P/L Analysis Templates – Revenue & Expense
- Fuel Analysis, Owner Trip Expense Analysis, Maintenance Analysis, etc.
- Period-Over-Period Analysis Templates Revenue & Expense Comparisons
Customer Accounts Receivables Reporting & Adherence – Work closely with the Accounts Receivable Manager, Managed Fleet to ensure that all aircraft you oversee remain current and timely payments are made consistently
- On an as needed basis, provide customers with analysis and reporting related to customer’s current and past due Accounts Receivable Balances and assist Accounts Receivable Manager to ensure Customer remains within payment terms on all balances
- Act as the informed individual speaking to the customer’s current Operating Deposit. Provide all analysis, recommendations, and requests for Increases/Decreases in current Account Operating Deposit
- Assist in CLA’s efforts to transition Managed Aircraft Customers from CLA Operating Deposits to Segregated Bank Accounts
Performance Evaluation & Key Performance Indicators
The success of the Analyst Position in achieving the objectives described above will be measured by the following:
- Measuring Touch Points with Assigned Customers through Onboarding and Ongoing Account Relationships. Group and Employee Specific Goals Related to Tiered Customer In-Person and Phone Call Touch Points
- Consistency and Accuracy in providing financial planning, reporting, and analysis to Clay Lacy’s Customers
- By having the Monthly/Weekly Reporting Deliverables provided to the customer by a set date each month/week
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent preferred, as well as a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in financial reporting and customer service preferred. Must also have the ability to present and discuss issues with Level 1, 2, and 3 Customers – Through email and phone communications, Meetings at Clay Lacy Facilities, and Meetings at Off-Site Locations thus including the associated travel requirements.
Personality and Character
The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
- Strong technical ability and customer facing financial presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial reporting understanding and skills
- Ability to use discretion and make decisions for each account you manage
- Quick learner and capable of adding to analytical and technical skills on an ongoing basis
- Open thinker willing to receive feedback for consistent improvement and ongoing employee development
- Ability to be show professionalism in all areas of financial management for each account, as well as using independent judgement, specifically in customer interactions
- Intermediate Computer Skills – MS Outlook, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Clay Lacy Programs/Financial Reporting Software
- Strong organizational change agent
- Ability to secure respect and credibility with team members, peers, Clay Lacy Leadership Team and Clay Lacy customers.
- Collaborative working style, and skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in developing and examining operations and procedures, and assisting in formulating new policy and developing and implementing strategies and procedures
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Strategic thinker, capable of making key decisions quickly.
- Highly responsible, willing to “OWN” the process / project and outcome.
The Analyst Position will report directly to the Manager, Managed Aircraft Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by world-renowned pilot Clay Lacy, Clay Lacy Aviation (Clay Lacy) operates one of the largest fleets of charter and managed aircraft in the world. The company’s fixed based operations in Los Angeles and Seattle set the industry standard for corporate aviation facilities and amenities. CLAY LACY offers a complete range of aircraft charter, management, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics and interior completion services, and is an authorized service center for the Embraer Phenom 100 and 300 and Quest Kodiak. Home to an award-winning Stage 3 & 4 maintenance repair station, Clay Lacy’s factory-trained technicians provide 24-hour on-site and mobile maintenance support. For more information, visit www.Clay Lacyylacy.com.