Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong Aircraft Avionics Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a Minimum of 3-5 years of Military Avionics experience or Corporate Aircraft Avionics experience. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
- 100% On-site position
- Compensation: Hourly Rate $35.00 – $55.00
- Current Openings: 1
The Aircraft Avionics Technician will be responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station.
- Performs maintenance and alteration of articles as directed
- Uses current, applicable technical data
- Adheres to all company and OSHA regulated policies and procedures
- Maintains outstanding attendance record
- Adheres and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission and Values daily
- Maintain proficiency with tools, techniques and acceptable practices used to perform maintenance and alteration duties
- Documenting all work performed including references to technical data used on work order squawk form and other forms as required
- Documenting all parts and/or equipment removed from or installed on aircraft on the removal and installation forms
- Ensuring material has been properly received prior to installing on aircraft
- Verify material shelf life has not expired prior to use
- Verify calibrated tooling calibration due date and condition prior to use
- Document identified discrepancies on Discrepancy Collection Form
- Do not deviate from technical data unless appropriate approvals are obtained
- Promote an efficient and professional work environment
- Participates in Continuous Improvement projects as directed
- Needs to be available to work different shifts and weekends as requested
- Able to travel away from primary facility for training and work
- Perform other duties as assigned
FCC License preferred.
Airframe and Power Plant license preferred.
Minimum of 3-5 years of Military Avionics experience or 3-5 years of Corporate Aircraft Avionics experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients and vendors
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Committed to provide excellent customer service all times
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Great people, providing an exceptional aviation experience.
Always be attentive, innovative and dedicated to exceeding client expectations. We earn each clients trust and loyalty by using our unique complement of aviation services and expertise to provide the highest level of safety, service and value.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by an aviation legend, Clay Lacy Aviation is the worlds most experienced operator of private jets, with one of the most diverse fleets of charter and managed aircraft available. The company provides a comprehensive set of aviation services including aircraft management, charter, sales, acquisitions, FBO, maintenance, avionics, interiors and aerial cinematography. Its also an authorized service center for the Embraer Phenom 100 and 300. Clay Lacy Aviation operates two full-service private jet facilities at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles and Seattles Boeing Field, with regional offices and aircraft operations based at 10 additional U.S. cities. Its experienced team is globally recognized for providing aircraft owners and jet travelers unequaled safety, service and value. For more information, visit www.claylacy.com.